What is Reverse Image Search?
Reverse image search, which is commonly known as RIS, is a wonderful technique that is allowing you to quickly discover visually similar images from all across the world of the web! In straightforward words, Reverse image search can be defined as the latest technology of search engines which grabs an image file as an input data, and in conclusion, it provides similar visual images of different distributions and resolutions.
It is a cool technique that spreads convenience in our lives.
How does it work?
The working of this modern technology is quite technical. It uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) that works for accuracy and accessibility. Additionally, this Reverse Image Search strategy is run smoothly, quickly, and smartly, by using multifunctional and multi-lightening technologies.
This technique can be easily operated at any time, from anywhere by anyone, as it can be easily accessed from any browser and any device. To find images, you have to provide input data to the system so that it can search for the same data from the internet. Well, we will discuss more ways to use this technique handily, but before getting to know it, it is important to understand its pros and cons!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Reverse Image Search in Content Marketing
Image search is one of the developed search options for content marketing. Whether you want high-resolution images, the source of an image, image details, different sizes of images, or for any other purpose, reverse image search is a perfect option for content marketing. But still, there exist some upsides and downsides of this advanced technique in content marketing. Better is to know about them. The below list presents Pros and Cons;
- It is very simple, fast, and easy to use and has become one of the most popular image finder techniques.
- It scans images very fast and user-friendly.
- Allowing handy options while displaying results. The options include sizes, colors, faces, blacks and whites, and image types.
- Also, this reverse image search can help you to verify fake news and photographs with source files.
- A few search results generate images that are no longer available to users for many reasons, including, search engine optimization, links that are not active, and indexing may affect limits.
- Many times the image that you provide as an input query with less than 300 pixels may generate incompatible RIS search results. That will prove bad for your content.
Tips for content marketers
- When you find somebody who is reusing your image, send a friendly email to the person that offers your authorization if they provide you credit with a link. This thing will create link-juice for you, will boost your search rankings, and give rise to a better digital world. Most people disobeying your copyright, aren’t working on it for a purpose. Well, they’d like to give credit where it’s due.
- You can use this advanced RIS technique for many personal programs as well — like Google-stalking a charming online possibility or discovering that nice chair you saw on Pinterest. Well, you may also use it to search for more details about something, false news, and rumors on social media.
What is the best way to use this Technique?
An online web-tool makes it easy to do an image search for content marketing or personal use. With the free reverse image search tools, experts such as graphic designers, web developers, and content writers can instantly discover visually identical, or related images across the web in minutes.
Following are the top best tools for the year 2020:
1. DupliChecker — Image Finder
It has become trouble-free to find where a picture is derived along with multiple other details. You can even locate a website that is using the stuff of your content without your permission. And all these things can be possible by using reverse image search by DupliChecker. This image search tool works on the current algorithms and is working the same as Google images. It means there will be no compromise on accuracy and security. Besides, this is an easy-to-use image finder that is available on Google and other search engines.
To do a photo search with DupliChecker all you need to do is enter input data in the given space. You will have three options including, search by an image, search by the keywords, or URLs. After that, click on the Search button. That’s it!
It’s another trusted and popular tool that uses fast and smooth programs to make your work easy. TinEye is an old tool that works on drags and drops options. Well, you also have an option to search by the keywords directly to search for similar images. The best thing is it scans in-depth to display a large collection of images. So, it is also a good spot to fulfill your picture finding requirements.
Need a high-quality image to use in your upcoming content marketing campaign? The web world is crowded with images, and it is quite difficult to find specific images. That’s why it is highly recommended adding online tools to your daily routines. So, content marketers! If you haven’t tried Reverse image search techniques yet, then this the right time to do that!
Meet the Author: Ahsan Arshad
Ahsan Arshad is the Founder and CEO at Ranking Tricks, a Tech company. He is passionate about his fellow humans and wants to be their inspiration for growth, as they find their way through the dark to their true self. He’s been a content marketer for over 5 years and writes for many other publications on blogging and website strategy.
Contact Him Email| LinkedIn.