Online stores have become easy to set up with Shopify. Ecommerce store owners have benefitted a lot from it, and more than half a million ecommerce owners use Shopify. The simple reason is Shopify is trustworthy and simple to use.
However, the platform isn’t sufficient to run a prosperous ecommerce business. Web design plays a major role in creating brand awareness, enhancing search engine visibility, and better user satisfaction, ultimately adding to sales. Here are a few Shopify website design tips from a professional Shopify development agency:
- Choose a suitable theme
The initial step to start your Shopify website is to choose a theme. You have numerous free and paid templates available online. If you are working with a Shopify development agency, you can completely customize your theme. Remember, your theme is the visual appeal of the site.
With so many options, how can you pick the best theme for your ecommerce store? Well, these questions will help you choose one:
- Does the theme have features that you need for your store?
- Does it fit in your budget?
- What atmosphere do you need for your clients?
- How should your products be displayed?
- What are your competitors using?
If a theme answers all your questions, then you can pick it. However, if you are still confused, you should reach out to a skilled Shopify development agency for help.
- Better product listing
The Shopify CMS lets owners personalize their primary navigation, even after the site is launched, offering A/B testing and personalization. Here are some effective ways for better product listing:
- Search function: It is important for large product libraries. Visitors need a search bar to find out what they are looking for. Hence make sure you put the search bar in the right place. Also, offer suggested results and auto-correction to optimize search.
- Production collections: Shopify allows you to create collections depending on price, keyword, and particular tags. Make sure you show filters and allow users to select and deselect filters accordingly.
- Use Apps
Use as many apps as you want from the extensive app library of Shopify to meet your needs. There are paid and free applications in different categories such as merchandising, customer service, fulfillment, marketing, conversion, store design, and more.
Every category has several branches. To make your app store all-inclusive, use the apps that meet your needs.
- Include Calls to Action
Always include a call to action. It guides your audience to take action. Efficient CTAs provide the customer with all they require without lowering their user experience.
You can add your social network channel follow, share and subscribe tabs and add to cart and buy tabs. Once you have chosen the CTAs for your store, design the action tabs and place them intuitively on your product pages, making it simple for your potential customer to transform.
At Eventige, we are a Shopify development agency with years of experience designing optimized, customer-friendly, and Google-friendly ecommerce websites. Check out our samples and reach out to us!