Many believe that playing video games for hours a day makes you unhealthy. The reality is that the average American adult plays just under an hour of video games per day, but depending on how much time they spend, they might be healthier or less healthy than others. Several hormonal changes occur when you first start playing video games, but the most common difference is promoting the growth of new brain tissue and increasing levels of HGH (Human Growth Hormone).
You will find that your body becomes more resistant to stress, and the built-up levels of HGH help combat this. The other standard change during the first or so of playing is an elevated testosterone level. This is a natural result due to the blast furnace-like effect video games provide to your body. Because they are viewed as such an essential activity in our society, it’s no wonder that men will experience increased testosterone after playing as few as two hours per day.
Hgh and testosterone are essential to the health and size of muscle mass but don’t go overboard on the testosterone and HGH; it appears that this can lead to a rise in hissy fits, mood swings, acne, etc. If you are deficient in these hormones, then all your hard work in the gym will be for naught, and all you will see is a skinny body.
Does Gaming 5 Hours a Day Make You Healthier? True or False?
- Playing video games for up to 5 hours a day can have some positive health benefits. Researchers have recently stated that extended gaming periods can improve hand-eye coordination and overall mental health. As long as you’re taking breaks every 60 minutes, your body won’t suffer from the overexertion of sitting and playing games at the computer all day. If you are not taking breaks, that could result in eye strain, hand cramps, and long-term problems with vision. It is highly recommended that you use an ergonomic keyboard, mouse, and seating to prevent these issues.
- The most common change when you start gaming regularly is an increased amount of HGH in your system. This is caused by the excitement and stress levels triggered by playing your favorite game for hours. This can be an excellent benefit for those who need to increase their muscle mass or as a way to lose weight. The downside is that this also increases your cortisol levels and makes you more prone to stress-related illnesses like ulcers or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). To avoid this, it’s best to participate in some exercise regularly while playing video games.
- You should play video games for up to 5 hours daily, but no more than 12. Many people try to play their favorite games for hours and don’t take breaks between games. Since they are sitting in front of their computer all day, they are harming their bodies by straining their muscles and losing muscle tissue through lack of activity. This can lead to a lot of health problems that you wouldn’t want to deal with, so it’s essential that you take breaks every 60 minutes or so.
- Playing video games is not bad for your health if done in moderation and during your breaks between intense periods at the computer. It is highly recommended that you use a chair that supports your lower back and keeps your legs straight for easy movement. Make sure you have an ergonomic keyboard so that it does not cause stress to the hands and wrists of gamers. The key is ensuring these parts of your body function at their best, as many health benefits are due to improved physical performance.
- The essential thing is to take a break every 60 minutes after playing video games for 5 hours a day or longer; if you don’t, you will experience severe health problems such as eye strain, hand cramps, and long-term problems with vision. One of the best ways to avoid these problems is to use an ergonomic mouse and keyboard; that way, you will prevent the strain on your hand, and the stress of using a mouse requires much more effort.
- Playing video games for hours a day does not make you unhealthy. Many people sit in front of their computers all day for work; therefore, their bodies won’t suffer from overexertion as much as people who play games as part of their job. It’s essential to take a break every 60 minutes or so so that your muscles don’t become sore from overuse, and also be sure to use an ergonomic keyboard, mouse, and a proper chair. All these will help you avoid injury and damage to your body after sitting for extended periods.
- Many things can be unhealthy if you do them too much, but being forced to sit in front of a computer all day is not one of them. Gaming is a great way to relieve stress, and it’s important to remember to take breaks every 60 minutes or so, as overuse can cause serious health issues such as eye strain, hand cramps, and long-term problems with vision.
Gaming 5 hours a day will not make you unhealthy. Playing video games for hours a day can have some positive health benefits, and as long as you use an ergonomic mouse, keyboard, and a proper chair, you should be fine. The most important thing is to take a break every 60 minutes, so your muscles do not become overused and tired.